Blackburn Women's Volleyball team held a quad match which included Blackburn college, Greenville University, Spalding University, and Iowa Wesleyan University on Saturday October 26, 2019.
Blackburn and Greenville participated in the first match of the day with Greenville winning 3-0, by the scores of 25-16, 25-21, and 25-23.
- Sophomore outside hitter Kasey Bean led Blackburn with 33 attacks and ten kills. Sophomore Middle hitter Lucy Magnussen and Junior outside hitter Kaitlyn Wiegand each earned seven kills.
- Junior setter Kendall Burleyson led the Beavers with 21 assists.
- Freshman middle hitter Elizabeth Bowyer led the Beavers with three blocks.
Blackburn defeated Iowa Wesleyan 3-1 by the scores 25-22 (Iowa), 25-12 (BC), 25-18 (BC), and 25-22 (BC). With this victory the Beavers sweep Iowa Wesleyan, which is the first since 2017.
- Bean and Magnussen continue to impress as they both had 15 kills each. Bowyer had ten of her own.
- Burleyson led Blackburn with 45 assists and tallied four kills.
- Magnussen was also credited with three serve aces.
With the Beavers splitting the two games they move to 8-16 (SLIAC 7-9), which is good for sixth place in the SLIAC and three games out of the last playoff spot. Blackburn will travel to Fontbonne on Tuesday October 29th to face off with the Griffins at 7:00 P.M.