Sep 22, 2017
The Beavers defeated the Mount Mary women's soccer team today 2-1. Maya March had a strong game and the Beavers controlled the clock with a great possession passing game.
- The Beavers scored twice in the first period with the first goal coming from Maya March less than two minutes into the game. The Beavers never looked back and they would lead for the rest of the game. March also recorded an assist later in the period for a goal from Christin Miller.
- Christin Miller and Maya March led the Beavers with a combined 15 shots and seven shots on goal.
- Whitney Chesser recorded the second most shots of the day with seven and three shots on goal.
- Maria Cline held her own in the net while facing six shots on goal. The lone goal given up was on a free kick that hit off a player and deflected into the net.
- The Beaver defense allowed only eleven shots on goal while racking up 34 shots on offense.
- Skylar Burgar and Erica Bechtold both recorded multiple shots and recorded one and two shots on goal, respectively.
- The Beavers limited their turnovers and controlled the middle of the field with good steps on defense and a high 50/50 ball win percentage.
- The Beavers substituted two players