The Beavers defeated the Lincoln Christian Red Lions four to two after falling behind by two goals early. Jordan Allen led the way with three points for the Beavers as well as a heads up play on the first Beaver goal.
- Lincoln Christian scored the first two goals of the game with shots by Joshua Garcia and Keaton Doty at 5:31 and 17:47, respectively. After the 18 minute mark, the Red Lions would not score again.
- Jordan Allen forced a penalty kick at the 26 minute mark, and although he missed it, he was able to recover the rebound and find the back of the net for the first Beaver goal. What ensued was a rough afternoon for LCU goalkeeper Michael Brand.
- Allen scored again after another forced penalty kick early in the second period. At this point, the Beavers unleashed a heavy amount of high quality shots on the opposing goalkeeper Brand.
- While the Beavers recorded two less shots than they did in the first period (14 in the first, twelve in the second) the number of shots on goal was increased. In addition, Brand suffered a severe shot to the head in a save on a strong shot from James Kiwanuka.
- The Beavers scored two more goals in the second period. One off of a Jordan Allen assist to James Kiwanuka for the go ahead header. The other game off of great run by Lucas Rinderer where he got behind three Red Lion defensemen to ice the game.
- Alex Hammerlinck also had a stellar game. He faced twelve shots and recorded ten saves. Two of them came on back to back shots from the LCU standout forward Keaton Doty, who represented the majority of the Red Lion offense. After a great first period, the Beaver defense and Hammerlinck held Doty in check.
- The Beavers played a very controlled game where they held a decisive difference in possession time to have back to back wins.
- The Beavers substituted eight players to the Red Lions two.
- There were five yellow cards in the game: two against the Beavers and three against the Red Lions
- There were no ejections or red cards
Up Next: Fairhaven Baptist @ 4:00 PM CDT on 9/27/17