The Beavers fell to the IC Blueboys today three to nil. In a game that was very physical and saw eight yellow cards, the opponents squared off well against each other, with each team notching hard shots and touchy backfield play.
- The scoring opportunity battle was won by IC who edged the Beavers by a two shot margin and thirteen to eleven overall.
- The game was one to nil until a late two goals by IC forward Brock Ziegemeier; one off a rebounded save by Alex Hammerlinck, and the other off of a penalty kick.
- The Beavers had three high quality opportunities late, but two tremendous saves and a crossbar shot netted zero goals.
- Brandon Smith impressed with his unique athletic throw-ins that resulted in two assist chances. He also notched two scoring opportunities for the Red and Black.
- Drake Jackson was all over the field on offense and defense and he also posted two scoring chances.
- The Beaver midfielders matched up well against the IC forwards as was evidenced by the 77% defensive kill rate against the Blueboys.
- Alex Hammerlinck finished the game going five for eight on saves and recording a save percentage of 62.5%.
- The Beavers subbed in six players to IC's eleven.
- In a game that saw a lot of contact, the Beavers were yellow carded 5 times and IC was yellow carded 3 times.
- The Beavers' Zeke Jackson recorded one scoring chance as a sub.
Next Up: The Beavers host St. Louis Pharmacy at 1:00 pm CDT